Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Coronavirus and the 2020 DMB Summer Tour
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 12:22 PM   #34
ISawTheBridge10

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Coronavirus and the 2020 DMB Summer Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
If we're going to debate semantics, pneumonia is an infection that has 4 distinct types and a plethora of causes. Comparing it to COVID19 is a fairly bad comparison. The Flu comparison is better, but...
Yeah I used pneumonia not to compare it to COVID19, but rather look at the numbers produced by pneumonia itself. It's my understanding that pneumonia is the main and most fatal complication of COVID19--the disease itself has even been named Wuhan Pneumonia? Don't quote me on that. Since we have more than 1 million cases a year, and 50k+ deaths, I'm simply saying the spread of COVID19 is really going to have to take off to reach the levels that other viruses already reach when it comes to pneumonia. I obviously don't want COVID19 to win the battle of the viruses when it comes to causing pneumonia. In fact, it can fuck right off.

I'll admit that 40-60 days isn't a great sample size. Every virus is going to have ebb and flow throughout the year. But it at least gives us a snapshot of possible trends. Things are just intensified when all eyes are on it.
ISawTheBridge10 is offline   Reply With Quote