Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 07:20 PM   #131
snow1868
Party in the back!

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesguy86 View Post
I guess I should have figured my "I want to hear I Did It this summer" post would get a few snickers, so let me explain . . .

First of all - the Ladies will likely be around. I'm seeing 6 shows (DC, Alpine, and WPB), and most likely I'll see any combination of You and Me, Can't Stop, Stay (fun), Everyday (solid), and maybe that pointless outro to Drunken Soldier where they do the Pink Floyd "Great Gig in the Sky" thing. Fortunately, this means Sledgehammer and Burning Down the House, my two favorite DMB covers.

Given that there's going to be no shortage of repeats in that portion of the set, why not a random "I Did It"? If this were 2004, I'd never post something like this. But in 2014, we know most (if not all) sets will have a few turds. I'd just prefer it to be a never-before-heard-by-me turd.

And that repeat-factor could go for anywhere in the set. Seven? Shake Me? Seen 'em. A bunch. Give me "I Did It".
Like I said, this makes no sense. I don't want to hear turds at shows I go to, but then again I haven't seen the band since '09. I want the band to play their best songs at every show.

Remember the Ten 1/27/01 4 Ever 11/17/11
snow1868 is offline   Reply With Quote