Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 01:36 PM   #15381
Springraces

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTH View Post
I’ve always felt 2002 deserves that title. It’s not represented well through live releases, and people don’t really talk about it much here.

The band sounded tighter than ever, the Everyday songs took on DMB’s classic sound which ultimately kept the catalog strong, Busted Stuff was a great release that summer which prompted them to start playing songs like Kit Kat Jam and Captain and gave us You Never Know, Boyd sounded good, the sets were flawless from the start of the spring tour to the end of the fall tour (minus the infamous 4/5/02 encore), and yet somehow this tour continues to fly under the radar of tours like 2000 and 2004.
I would agree with you. 2002 is very under-represented likely due to the Gorge box set release. They've probably felt it was well represented based on that. But now having LT 40 with it.

2006 was kinda sleepy for me. I remember thinking the band had gotten a bit stale and only went to one night of a 2 night stand for the first time. Of course regretted now going to both as Last Stop got played the night I didn't go!

Knowing what I know now it makes sense as the band was on the verge of breaking up that entire year. Still had some great shows. Would love a Gorge release of that tour.

I'd love a spring 02 specifically.
Springraces is offline   Reply With Quote