Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The Corner of Grey Street Podcast
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 06:56 AM   #45
BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
Halloween is overrated in my opinion. These days it sounds like a wall of sound. There is a part in the beginning that they don’t play anymore. I think it may have been Boyd. It’s on the studio version and it adds a lot to the song. Even when Boyd was in the band they weren’t playing it.

Will I take it at a show? Yes, because there is a lot of emotion in it and a nice build up, but is it my first choice in an encore? Not even close.
Yeah, they haven't had the violin intro in the song in a LONG while. Maybe going back to 07? Last I can recall hearing it was Weekend on the Rocks.

The song gets hyped for its rarity. But I've caught it pretty much every tour I've attended. Best one was my first - SPAC '09; the tease in the encore, then thinking Watchtower closed, only to hear Carter still drumming lightly, and then BAM - Halloween!

After that, it hasn't wowed me. The double encore in '13 was cool though. Balcony was shaking and bouncing big time

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
BTBaboon is online now   Reply With Quote