Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The Corner of Grey Street Podcast
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 06:52 AM   #44
Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Corner of Grey Street Podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
We generally will walk out during what we think is the last song, usually to beat traffic. Left SPAC 2016 during the Two Step > Halloween transition. We've heard Halloween a lot recently, so we preferred to get to bed earlier that night. We left Gorge N3 last year after Butterfly/during the Watchtower intro - an absolutely GREAT decision to skip out on Cornbread closing

There's only a handful of songs that I'd be upset about missing on these days, and they're so unlikely to be played that I generally don't regret missing 1-2 songs if it means I can avoid traffic and get home safely without hassle.

Halloween is overrated in my opinion. These days it sounds like a wall of sound. There is a part in the beginning that they don’t play anymore. I think it may have been Boyd. It’s on the studio version and it adds a lot to the song. Even when Boyd was in the band they weren’t playing it.

Will I take it at a show? Yes, because there is a lot of emotion in it and a nice build up, but is it my first choice in an encore? Not even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote