Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Coronavirus and the 2020 DMB Summer Tour
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 11:50 AM   #27
BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Coronavirus and the 2020 DMB Summer Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 View Post
Does it not? There's an estimated 1,000,000+ cases of pneumonia in the United states every year. I don't like to squabble over semantics, but that's widespread enough for me.
If we're going to debate semantics, pneumonia is an infection that has 4 distinct types and a plethora of causes. Comparing it to COVID19 is a fairly bad comparison. The Flu comparison is better, but...

Quote:
I think the scariest thing about the virus is that it's 1. New and 2. Has no vaccine.
#2 is super important, and so is the lack of medication to reduce viral load. The Flu has a vaccine and Tamiflu, which protects ~50% of the population and reduces symptoms and loads of those who still get it, respectively. That's the distinct difference, in addition to the period where an infected person may not know they have the virus yet can spread it.

Quote:
And, yes, while the media may not be all to blame, everything you listed: cancelled travel, events, etc. is grounded in human emotion--driven by the information we absorb.
Maybe, but businesses (especially the ones with a lot of money on the line) tend to be far more data driven than emotionally driven. You think Amazon is forcing remote work out of emotion? This is the company that notices no difference between human employees and their robotic counterparts in their distribution centers.

They're protecting themselves, and emotion is generally not part of their financial equation.

Anyways, I know this is getting off topic. So to OP, the only answer right now is "no one knows". They may have to cancel dates, they might not. Let's hope for "not", I really want to hear the 2020 versions of Good Good Time and Shotgun

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote