Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The NHL Thread
Thread: The NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 08:18 AM   #27290
aeroshady
Look up at the sky..

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
The biggest reason I can see for the Ducks and Lightning being up in their series is they have an identity and they're sticking to it.

Like, with the Ducks, you always know how they're going to play. It will abrassive and maddening, but it's what to expect from them even going back to the Carlyle days. And they stick to it. And know what? They're looking like a team that could lift the Stanley Cup right now. They're really playing well. Ducks fan or no, if you're watching them right now you can't deny it.

Same thing with the Lightning, IMO. You know what you're going to get from them. They know it too, and they stick to it.

What surprises me is the lack of identity I'm seeing from the Hawks right now. I don't know if it's from the lineup juggling or what. They're still a great team, but there seems to be, I don't know, something missing. Almost like they're trying to adjust to the Ducks but it's not working. This is also a team that could win the Stanley Cup, there just needs to be something a little more.

Judging by the way the four teams are playing RIGHT NOW, Anaheim is the team playing most like a Cup winner.
I picked the Ducks in most of my pools before the playoffs started. They are such a solid team. I don't hate them at all, they just don't excite me. I have been in Chicago and Anaheim in the last two years...based on that alone I want the Hawks. Last year I saw how into it the fans in the city were. Despite me wearing my Rangers shirt there many of their fans bought me a beer and talked hockey with me for a while. It changed my opinion of the Hawks for the better. If we don't win I want Chicago to get it again for those reasons.

Ps...don't tell my girlfriend I said that.
aeroshady is offline   Reply With Quote