Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Radiohead Discussion
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2004, 04:53 AM   #128
nlaposta1

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Radiohead Discussion

I would take Kid A over OKC anyday of the week. Here's my reasoning. Kid A is much much better top to bottom - more consistent and just a great listen. If I have time to listen to the whole thing, its just wow. However, the tracks on Kid A aren't as good as some of those on OKC.

I challenge anyone to find a better opening five tracks on any album in the history of mankind than those on OKC - airbag, PA, subterranean, Exit music, let down. Six if karma police is your bag, personally i am not a big fan. but imho after let down the album drops off quite a bit - electioneering, climbing up the walls, no surprises... i think mediocre. Lucky is INCREDIBLE however, and then the tourist is another downer.

The last half of Kid A is like one AWESOME Song - optimistic, in limbo (simply incredible sound) into optimistic into idioteque into morning bell.... and don't forget these songs are all after anthem, disappear, and everything.

My order is like this

Kid A
OKC
Amnesiac
HTTT
The Bends
Pablo

Amnesiac is pretty gold too. Packt has an awesome eastern and western mix. Pyramid, the timing of the song, although in 4/4, sounds like its from the other side of the universe. Revolving doors - can't think of the real name now - is a great mix. army is awesome. I might be wrong is good. knives out is stunning. dollars is amazing. spinning plates (Thom's favourite onthe album) is a big thumbs up. Another awesome album. Originally Kid A and Amnesiac was going to be one huge album, I'd like to hear people's ideas on those possible track listings...

and btw i was at the toronto show where the cover band replayed okc from start to finish. lets just say they butchered quite a few songs, let down was particularly, well, a let down. But they actually had a cello for airbag which was cool.

Anyway, yeah that is my reasoning. I could talk radiohead all day.
nlaposta1 is offline   Reply With Quote