Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - What Live Release was Dave's Voice the "Best"
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 05:46 AM   #23
SeeMoreDMB

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What Live Release was Dave's Voice the "Best"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb417 View Post
Idk I've just accepted the fact that Dave needs autotune (and a new vocal coach ASAP), so I don't mind it

In fact, while it may be autotuned, I absolutely enjoy the Sledgehammer track on the Live at Mile High release (and that's just about the only thing on the release I like)
Actually, autotune may be the reason the Live on Lakeside "release" is thoroughly enjoyable for me. His voice sounds great(ly tampered with). My favorite Idea of You is on there

Also, there are great vocal tracks on the Dave&Tim Lost Acoustics compilation. Absolutely LOVE the wailing on that Warehouse
I'm curious what your expertise is on vocal coaching and why you think Raab is doing a poor job? I think you might be underestimating how much damage Dave did to his voice over the years and how limited his abilities are these days, regardless of who his coach is.

Personally, I think he sounds like he has more control than he has in years. Quieter settings suit his range these days, but even at the Vegas show that was full band he sounded great.

He's never going to wail on Bartender, Seek Up, or ABI the way he did 10 or 20 years ago, and that isn't because of his coach, it's years of cigarettes and screaming without proper training.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
SeeMoreDMB is offline   Reply With Quote