Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Ants Podcast 99: The Batson Sessions - Episode Discussion
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 07:07 AM   #6
wrhslax1996
"Hypocritical Elitist"

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants Podcast 99: The Batson Sessions - Episode Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by read1985 View Post
This was my first ants podcast though I have been a member since 2004. I was really looking for to it.

It will be my last podcast.

This is just my opinion, but this podcast was mostly negative: negative about the last album, negative about Dave's productivity in the studio, negative about the current state of the band in general, etc. There is enough negativity these days. You never know what is really going on with people, and I think Dave and the band have done a wonderful job just staying together and playing as much as they have. I was hoping this would be an insightful, upbeat, celebration of some new, unfinished tracks we were able to hear. Instead the podcast left me discouraged and surprised as how cynical the interlocutors were.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, the interlocutors as much as me, but here's hoping for some positivity and less criticism. Even if you have to look for the positivity and downplay the criticism.

Just the opinions of a long time fan, but first time listener.
Matt doesn't like Come Tomorrow, Joe does. It's not a neverending negativity, it's two dudes giving their opinions on the sessions and having a conversation about what they like/would prefer.

I've personally always enjoyed hearing a bunch of different opinions on the band and it can help me see things in a different light.