Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Ants Podcast 93: Return to Club Wasted - Episode Discussion
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 06:13 PM   #16
Matt

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants Podcast 93: Return to Club Wasted - Episode Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake.sager View Post
Buddy's a professional who has played backing keys for Ariana Grande... no doubt that the dude wants to get his parts nailed so that he isn't the dragging weight on the band's sound. I get that most songs don't have defined key parts, but it seems like he's really doing good work on creating good key parts for the songs he's played on. He's probably also trying to find space so that he doesn't absolutely kill certain songs with organ and/or piano. For example, he started playing piano on the DYR chorus with a slight bit of organ rather than just the screeching organ he started with.
That's great. Round of applause for Buddy. I don't blame him for the lack of variety, though. And what "parts" is he nailing? If he's jamming, there ain't much to memorize outside of the key of the song. Let him find space. Let him sit back and not force himself. All well and good.

None of that has anything to do with the lack of variety.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote