Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The Riff
Thread: The Riff
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #110
KevinTH
KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Riff

Don't know how I feel about this yet. Which can be a good thing for me. Some songs are like Grey Street and knock me on my ass the first time I hear it. Some songs are like Sugar Will and takes me a lot of listening to like and appreciate what I'm hearing. I like the lyrics for sure. My biggest thing is the guitar solo. I think the song had me up until then. Someone else said it would make for a good Boyd solo and I agree completely. The second Tim amped up I thought, crap, I could hear a sick Boyd solo here.

Another thing though...I feel as though some people are "loving" some of these songs for the sheer fact that Lillywhite was involved. I think, so far, these songs are about on par with Big Whiskey and in a year or two everyone will be bitching about them. People seem to forget that A LOT of people thought Big Whiskey was the bands come back and some even called it Big 4 material. Not saying I hate the new stuff, just an observation. I truly believe if Lillywhite were behind Everyday everyone would have loved it and called it genius. "Lillywhite got them to try something new. He's the greatest". He might be, but the band has to write the songs, not him.
KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote