Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - *** Offical SPAC 2021 Thread ***
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 06:15 AM   #1181
OneSweetMonkey
O.G.

Shows Seen: 203

DMB Hub Stubs: 37

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Offical SPAC 2021 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
No one is going to be stuck eating SPAC tickets because they can’t sell them; no one with half a brain (and I’d make an argument about those refusing vaccines without a real medical reason) is going to be “punished monetarily”

This is raging just to rage. Simple solution - get the vaccine; it’s free/safe/effective. If you don’t want to, that’s your choice. But choices have a range of consequences. In this case, that includes the venue not letting you in. You get to exercise your freedom of choice, as does the business. That’s how it works and it’s good to have both entities with that freedom.

If anyone decides that a vaccine requirement means they will have to skip SPAC, and cannot find a way to recoup their ticket money, they are dumb on multiple levels.
Again, I've been vaccinated.

You're right, it is a person's choice as to whether or not they want to be vaccinated. Live Nation should have made it clear that only vaccinated people will be able to attend shows in NY. People bought tickets without that knowledge or understanding, and now people making that choice are most definitely being "punished monetarily"... because they're not getting refunds for their tickets. It shouldn't be their responsibility to sell sell them on the 2ndary market. They purchased something under the assumption that they would be able to use what they purchased, and now the seller is saying that the consumer can't use what they sold unless the purchaser abide by a rule that wasn't in place at the time of sale. The business "exercising their freedom of choice" doesn't include a bait and switch on people who bought tickets but now can't use them because the venue (or organizer) changed the rules weeks after tickets have been bought and paid for.

And what if you have a lawn ticket? Do you think the market for lawn seats at SPAC is so hot that nobody will have any issues when trying to resell them?

And this doesn't just affect SPAC. This is for every venue in the State of New York. For every concert going through the State of New York.

If Live Nation/NY Venues want to have this rule in place, fine. That's not the point I'm arguing. The point is... give people their f***ing money back.
OneSweetMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote