Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Things I didn't know about Dave Matthews Band
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 01:46 PM   #19
Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Things I didn't know about Dave Matthews Band

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceBuckley View Post
I had 2 new bits of news just this week:

1. I didn't know Carter is considered by many fans to be the most private member of DMB, which if I understand correctly is a combo of how little press he does, that he doesn't do workshops or intensives on drumming, and that some have perception that he's the most "Get off the bus, get onstage, get behind the drums, play, do it all in reverse and drive away" of the band.

2. I never knew about "Crazy Trenchcoat Guy Security Breach / Carter Pissed video"-gate.

Let me be clear, I'm not making any connection at all between the 2 things, they're just both things about DMB's history or perceptions of DMB that I didn't know.

And now I'll offer you all something that NONE of you know, unless you knew me 20 yrs ago: I was the first person EVER to twist Jeff Coffin's beard into twists! I think I even have a photo somewhere of right after I did it the 1st time, and I don't even know if Jeff remembers that, but I suggested it, he said he'd never had it like that before, and I did it. I think I did it in a few twists, not just one, but that was roughly 20 yrs ago and it has made me smile to occaisionally see pics of him with it twisted since then.

And if anyone knows Jeff, this was obviously when he was still with Bela Fleck, ask him if he remembers a guy working on DMB's crew named Mitch (who I think did catering) because if my mind remembers correctly at all, the pic of the first twisted beard also has Mitch from catering in it.

I haven't seen Jeff since 2008 (twisted his beard in like '98) and he wouldn't remember me by name but he'd remember me by sight.

So that's the extent of my contribution to the DMB legacy
If you're interested in more Carter stuff, I found this episode of the Grey Street Podcast extremely interesting. Some Carter stuff starts about 19:00:

https://greystreetpod.libsyn.com/epi...rge-experience
Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote