Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ON THE ROAD - Tell Us about your Dave Matthews Adventures
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 10:26 AM   #47
coyn113
Keep Pushin'

Shows Seen: 92

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ON THE ROAD - Tell Us about your Dave Matthews Adventures

Not a particular story but some cool stuff to share.

From 2004 ish to 2015 ish I had incredible luck negotiating Pitt bracelets from the WH tent. Id buy a lawn ticket and as the show would start the folks working the WH tent would start to pack up. I'd hang and make small talk to feel them out. Just as they'd wrap up I'd offer them some $ for 2 wristbands. It actually worked probably 80% of the time. Most I ever paid was $100 for 2, often times a $20 would work, most commonly id have to offer $50, still an INCREDIBLE deal. It worked at SPAC, Mansfield, Hartford, Camden, Jones Beach like an absolute charm. That plan, paired with the photoshopped print out tickets, made getting a great spot quite easy. I have a massive setlist collection from just spending the show right next to the soundboard or camera guys. If you're cool, dont bother them and wait for the right time, you can grab a setlist almost every time. They know why you're there, so if youre not hounding them, they'll hook you up after the encore.

I worked at LiveNation for around 6 months in 2016 before having my whole team laid off (which really sucked). However I kept both LN credentials I had been issued, which have paid dividends to say the least. The pass allows myself and a friend into any LN show w a lawn. I've used it for countless shows, often times the security is so flustered or unfamiliar with the pass they wave myself and whomever im with right in. Its gotten me into the pit at various shows, depending on the security situation. It also affords me to park in the VIP lot free of charge, at any venue.

I've been incredibly fortunate and for that I'm extremely grateful and have tried to pay it forward. I try to miracle people whenever possible, handed off several setlists, a few drumsticks etc.
always Pay it forward!