Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Ants Podcast 50 - New Trends and Shotcalling
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 06:44 AM   #16
pjdwyer
twitter.com/pat_dwy3r

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants Podcast 50 - New Trends and Shotcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by So_bareandempty View Post
Your assumption that everyone in the lawn is partying and no one is paying attention is way wrong. I have been a fan for 15+ years and I was so stoked for the show. I was very into the show and everyone around me was too. I was singing along with every song.... Unfortunately I couldn't afford the seats I really wanted, but I'd rather have been in the lawn than not there at all!
Night 1 at alpine I was in the lawn and I agree that it was a huge party (not a good one). people sitting/standing right on top of us. people were yelling and screaming out of time and key, people so drunk they passed out during the electric set. why even buy a ticket if you are going to just sleep during the show?? I dont understand. and I did not care for it at all. My people are in the pavillion and pit.

Night 2 however was a night and day difference. It was much more relaxed and open. everyone was just having a good time. about 90% of the undesirables from the previous night were gone.