Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The BitTorrent Helper Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 11:51 PM   #108
bartender69
I'm so ronery...

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The BitTorrent Helper Thread

First of all, thank you, Dr. Strangelove. Up until this time I have been intimidated by the whole Bit Torrent thing. Well, that was until I read your Faq. I pretty much followed what you said, and atleast have the program up in running. Once again, thank you.

I do have a couple of questions though. Keep in mind that I am a complete newbie here.

1. I tried downloading a show, and was getting a really slow speed (around 25-30). So, I bailed on the download. My question is, does this go against Bit Torrent ethics? I'm thankful for the opportunity to download shows, so the last thing I want to do is shaft someone. I know that once a show is downloaded, you should leave the program open so that others can get the show. Does this still apply if you are in the process of downloading, as well?

2. Am I correct in assuming that you're speed depends on the time of day? For example, is it better to download a show at 5:00 pm, as opposed to 2:00 am?

Thank you for the faq and thank you for your assistance. It is appreciated.