Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #134
dpavadmb

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Belly Belly Nice is everything SMLAM should have been

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymas9 View Post
Belly Jelly is cheesy/unoriginal? I've gotta be honest, this song is easily the first time I've ever even heard the terminology. I think you misunderstand what cheesy means...

"I would do most anything girl to be the apple of your eye."

That's cheesy, it uses a cliche, and tries to portray an emotion through the overused term.

Not to mention, that's two lines in the entire song...why does everyone make the same exact argument in regards to this song, I want to see someone use any other line/group of lines other than those two to try and make an argument for why this song's lyrics are unoriginal or cheesy.
I didn't misunderstand anything. I meant that it's cheesy b/c this song is so juvenile for dave. I don't get why he makes these cornbread-esque songs. this song is easily the weakest song on the album b/c of a poorly written chorus, imo. I just have higher standards for Dave based on how good the rest of the album is (The Riff and Broken Things in particular).
dpavadmb is offline   Reply With Quote