Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - If Only
Thread: If Only
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #146
NumberForTOne
Camden 4 Life

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Re: If Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankguitar View Post
I think we have to also keep in mind that this band's best music probably came out of nowhere for most people. We all went into hearing those songs (at least the first couple albums) with no true expectations or emotional investment. It caught us greatly by surprise and it was an amazing experience that is rare to find in music. But now we have all become so emotionally invested in this band. We come to these boards obsessively to find any little bit or piece of information regarding the new music. All of this is a recipe for never truly having our expectations being met. I am not at all saying that the new music compares to the old stuff but I am purely pointing out why there is so much criticism around here. I am thankful that this band is doing what they are doing still and still pretty damn good job at it. Music is not supposed to be a stressful thing, it is supposed to be enjoyable. I enjoy the new songs and I am not going to sit around analyzing and criticizing each line Dave writes just to find a way to be bitter and unhappy with the music. What's the point? Rant over
Somebody give this man an award. Great post