Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Mercy
Thread: Mercy
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #144
jakesomedevil41

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Mercy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPrimative View Post
Can't give up and hope God will intercede
Cause cryin won't save our feet or hungry child
Can't lay down and hope no miracles change things

We see this exact language in Exodus 14 as Moses leads the Israelites out of Egypt and to the sea.

10 As Pharaoh approached, the Israelites looked up, and there were the Egyptians, marching after them. They were terrified and cried out to the LORD. 11 They said to Moses, “Was it because there were no graves in Egypt that you brought us to the desert to die? What have you done to us by bringing us out of Egypt? 12 Didn’t we say to you in Egypt, ‘Leave us alone; let us serve the Egyptians’? It would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the desert!”

13 Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. 14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
15 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to move on. 16 Raise your staff and stretch out your hand over the sea to divide the water so that the Israelites can go through the sea on dry ground.

Basically God telling the Egyptians, "Quitcher bitchin! Crying won't do you any good!" and telling Moses, "Don't just sit there and wait for Me! Get off your asses and do something so I CAN intercede!".

pretty sure it's "crying won't save or feed a hungry child."

i think i like "save our feet" better. maybe nike could use this in a new ad campaign.
jakesomedevil41 is offline   Reply With Quote