Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Ants / Rockbridge Guitar Experience 2018 - Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 07:17 AM   #15
CrazyEasy354

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants / Rockbridge Guitar Experience 2018 - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfilatov View Post
Things I learned:

Rockbridge is an extremely small shop and only produces about 55 guitars per year.

The starting price is 5k and grows based on the custom requests for each guitar.

They do not have a store, everything is made on a custom order. It takes 10-12 months for your guitar to be ready.

Dave currently has a guitar in phase 1 of 8 labeled Jumbo.

Tim is having his first guitar made after only using Martin. That guitar is in the later stages.

The store often sells their demo instruments to local musicians who can’t afford the high price point.

Rockbridge is in a house. It’s beautiful upstairs, there is a room to test out the different guitars, and the shop is about 6-7 rooms in the basement.

Everybody who touched the 12 string while I was there immediately started playing Grey Street.

The SJ is their top model, the guitar Dave used most frequently in 2018.

Most of their customers come to them via word of mouth. Several artists who have associations with Dave have purchased instruments there.

The guitars really do sound phenomenal, especially the SJ. I have a $3k Martin that I love but this sound was at a whole different level.

Joe is a cool dude. Bought beer for those attending. Thanks Joe.
Thanks for the info, very cool stuff. Hoping to see Tim on stage with a Rockbridge very soon!