Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Podcast: The Lillywhite Sessions, with Steve Lillywhite (Part 2) - Records & Riffs
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2022, 01:45 PM   #114
bibby1044

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Podcast: The Lillywhite Sessions, with Steve Lillywhite (Part 2) - Records & Riff

The biggest takeaway from this for me is for years we talk about Steve being a perfectionist overdoing takes on tLWS driving the band to scrap the sessions only to find out the band didn’t want to say their hometown studio sucked and forced them to need that many takes.

Carson, thank you for all that. Love reading on these things. Seeing all you said on the influence of the label for dmb in their history really makes me scratch my head with “idea of you” and how that song wasn’t forced out in 06-09 in some way given the success it had with casual fans.

Lastly, I hate hearing the peicemeal comment on the new album. I really hope they Atleast re-record everything in the same session at a minimum. I’d argue about “quality” given I think MME and WATM are two of the most solid songs weve heard out of them in quite sometime. TOT with the 2022 changes has grown on me and I find myself having it stuck in my head often and this after not being a fan of it originally. As Jay said I wish they just released the original sessions but these comments make me wonder after the 3 songs I mentioned if the quality drastically dropped off. This is very demoralizing to hear after all the talk of this version of the band vibing with buddy and lighting a spark under them. I thought those 3 new songs in addition to how they fixed many other songs ex, grey street and version of sweet(jam), break for it, etc with buddy, Tim and Jeff doing work was all good signs. Guess not ��*♂️��*♂️��*♂️
bibby1044 is offline   Reply With Quote