Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Podcast: The Lillywhite Sessions, with Steve Lillywhite (Part 2) - Records & Riffs
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 12:01 PM   #98
RainDog1980

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Podcast: The Lillywhite Sessions, with Steve Lillywhite (Part 2) - Records & Riff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson31 View Post
1. Lillywhite told me that at some point. I'll see if I can find some public corroboration for it but he's the source on that bit. He told me he thought he was going to be the guy for Big Whiskey and then they went another way. For what it's worth, Batson also thought he'd produce Big Whiskey and he was disappointed when they went with "The Green Day guy." As for LeRoi possibly being the reason that Lillywhite didn't produce Big Whiskey, it's just my opinion (albeit an educated opinion).
He definitely said as much publicly, because I remember him saying they were in talks about it, and he was never notified it wasn’t going to be him, they just announced Cavallo and he was like, “guess it wasn’t me.” I’m really paraphrasing here, but I remember something along those lines happening.
RainDog1980 is offline   Reply With Quote