Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: 25 June 2021)
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 07:42 AM   #10
sheldonlevene
Mr. 1k

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
I also read an article (maybe that same one) that says most of the villain appearances will be cameos or just like passing them in Arkham cells, or something like that.

Wouldn't mind seeing a movie with a bunch of villains, though. It'd be cool to see them all working together. Sort of like the trailer vid for the Arkham Knight video game.
The "villain team up" fails in movies because films seek to give everyone equal development, screen time etc.

It works so well in games a) because you have as much time as you need to explore the secondary and tertiary characters and b) because developers (Rocksteady specifically) realize you don't need to flesh out Firefly as much as the Joker.

This could be really great in the Batfleck solo movie. Have one guy lead a group of villains and pay fan service by packing a few in. Ones that require more setup and characterization, refer to them as being offscreen, locked up in Arkham etc.
sheldonlevene is offline   Reply With Quote