Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - That Girl Is You
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 06:32 PM   #325
Slackdoodle

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: That Girl Is You

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPClemens View Post
I'm so glad I waited to read this thread until after I listened to the song, because I thought it was great and apparently I'm in the minority. I don't know what people expect but it's getting harder and harder to come here for Dave news. I love this band so much and am addicted to this site and discussion about all things DMB, but am increasingly finding the highly critical viewpoints to bum me the hell out.

You have to ignore 'em. Back in the late 90's/early 00's most everyone on this site's boards was young and excited and full of neo-hippy verve. It was all about the love, baby.

Then DMB had some rough years, some not-so-great albums, etc.

Now the boards are full of bitter, jaded old troll-men who forgot how to have fun, and believe Dave should be writing music to serve their grimdark aesthetic and general weariness with life.

You don't gotta surrender to that. None of us do. Love it up, dance, be joyful. There's a new DMB album this summer. It kicks ass.
Slackdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote