Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Deep Dive DMB listening this weekend
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 12:49 PM   #3
HonestDenver1

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Deep Dive DMB listening this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious v.i.g View Post
That definitely happens to me. Sometimes i'll get a WH release and not think too much of it and then bam 10 years later I realize it's great. That can happen with shows too. Looking back almost always seems better that's why I tend to not complain too much about current stuff (setlists, albums, etc).
Yes. The longer I've been a fan the more I know to not get worked up about releases as they all tend to find their way to my ears, minus a few...

One of the Warehouse discs had a version of Angel on it that I even enjoyed all this time later.. I thought I'd sworn off that song 20 years ago...

It does seem in the present moment we're hoping for this epic thing every time.. But we all have our own expectations for what that is... It turns out most things the band releases are down right awesome once a bit of time is factored in...

I think too that when a new batch of songs comes out we don't quite know how to feel about them in relation to the ones we love... Mid 2000's you'd get a disc with Big Eyed Fish, Bartender, So Right, etc.. And just kind of assume you'd heard it all before... But 15 years later it truly is epic!

Even 2002 when songs like You Never Know were getting in regular set rotations, I didn't really think all that much of it. It was a decent enough song, but now 19 years later I'd kill for that song done THAT way at a show today ya know?

Just the little things...
HonestDenver1 is offline   Reply With Quote