Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - I Know I Know but... Next Live Trax Please
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 04:01 AM   #10690
Xcacel
Huge Carter's fan

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

I Know I Know but... Next Live Trax Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw_ View Post
It’s obvious management knows we all want this and they just don’t care to implement it.

If anything, 2021 was the year to start. Everyone is excited to be back, start releasing every show a la Phish, and work your way back with the catalogue as you find time. Jesus. Just ask phish who they use.

I would love having soundboard recordings of all my shows this year.

Pure laziness on Dave and everyone else’s part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSSR View Post
I like the professional mixed LT/Live In/At…model myself. DMB is not a band that changes it up enough night to night, as all the complaints reveal. They’re just not Phish despite you wanting LivePhish. As unpopular as all I just said will come across in here.

I see both points.
The real question is: would they make money out of it? I don’t know the numbers of LivePhish (how many subscribers, how much it cost), but apparently it is a good business for Red Light management.
Keep in mind that it is the same people that manage DMB and Phish. I remember when I did some research about that:
https://antsmarching.org/forum/showt...8#post17969718

So, i cannot think that it is a matter of being lazy, and neither because DMB repertory is not changing continuously as Phish’s one.
I prefer to imagine that they evaluated the possibility to do something similar (and they do have every show filmed, recorded and archived on Charlottesville!) and abandoned the idea because of the little profit that they could make out of it, due to the constant narrowing of the fanbase (and this is sadly true).

Last edited by Xcacel; 09-20-2021 at 04:03 AM.
Xcacel is offline   Reply With Quote