Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - New Album Coming in One Week!
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 03:31 AM   #6085
kenticus

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkInFork View Post
I'm pretty surprised we haven't heard more new tunes this summer tbh
Doesn’t entirely surprise me - if an album really is in the hopper, to have already played 4 songs from it, you’re likely playing a decent chunk (~25% of it) on the road before even announcing a date….don’t wanna just play it all before the record buying public can actually purchase it. That’s just speculation, but yeah. You have to remember that after taking last summer off due to the pandemic that Dave also is seemingly a bit in people pleaser mode and wanting to construct lots of “feel good” sets with songs fans know and love (highly debatable if he’s getting that right what with BAYOU popping up as often as it does). That said, I’m sure they’re itching to do more new tunes but imo holding back a bit, just announce the damn thing, assuming it’s ready (always up in the air in their world).

Have to remember, even though dmb is relatively old school, they can announce the album at any time and drop it digitally first at any time. This is 2021 we’re living in…
kenticus is offline   Reply With Quote