Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - New Album Coming in One Week!
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 12:05 PM   #6061
joshg

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S. View Post
Let me reframe by defining a successful "road test" as taking a song that is mostly complete in the studio, playing it for a summer, then finalizing the recording with improvements discovered on the road.

Busted Stuff is the only example I can think of where this happened, but even then it doesn't really fit my description. Those songs were all but scrapped and then resurrected in what I'd consider to be a totally different form.

The 2016 songs didn't really change as far as I'm concerned. They could have released them before the tour as they were.

Idea of You and Can't Stop... how many years of "road testing" did they get?

My point is that this whole concept just seems like an excuse for not getting things done in the studio. Yes, "road testing" is, in a way, what gave us the Big 3, but I don't think that era really represents the same dynamic.
Drivel. This conversation has occurred so many times. Ponderous. Dave can't go into a studio and produce a great album with brand new songs anymore. How many bad albums does he need to produce in order for you to understand that?

Last edited by joshg; 09-15-2021 at 12:08 PM.
joshg is offline   Reply With Quote