Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 09:22 PM   #5227
seanbrutus

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grilldanmo View Post
I’m just being a wise-ass.

I miss Roi all the time, one of my favorite musicians, but ED and SU are the albums where he was given the least amount of time to shine at all, late alone over good (and harmonically interesting) tunes. That said, I get he got to play some cool stuff over these songs live, but it’s not enough for me to enjoy the songs.

I do, however, LOVE Come Tomorrow and will take pretty much any song from that album at any concert we go to. Yes, I have preferences, but I’m a beggar, so no choosing for me.

To your point about missing Roi, I think he’d have blown us away on VItR if he were still around to play on it...
I usually listen to the end of Stand Up (studio) where he gets some time to shine, as well as the end of American Baby. I maybe listen to Stand Up once or so a year, but cycle through AFTW and CT on a monthly basis.

I agree about LeRoi. He would've slayed on Virginia, and I think would've been a big factor in another Big 4 (to me) type album, as he seems to be the one to have pushed Dave the most. I could've seen him steering CT more. Glad he's on it.