Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - First Song of 2021
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2021, 07:17 AM   #57
phoolhearted

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: First Song of 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper15 View Post
There is a better chance the world will be subjected to an Independence Day style alien invasion tomorrow, or all of the band members will perform naked with their dicks hanging out like Flea at Woodstock 99 than there is that they will open with open with a #40 tease, Kit Kat Jam, Good Good Time or Dreaming Tree. You're suffering from "hardcore fan myopia syndrome" here bro, most of the audience would have no idea what the fuck was going on if Kit Kat Jam was the opener. The Dreaming Tree would be an awful "welcome back" opener. After one of the most depressing years in history, the band isn't going to come out and open with one of the most melancholic songs in the catalog. A small number of people on this site get a hard on when Dave plays 30 seconds of #40 but most people at shows don't give a shit. If Vegas released odds on the Raleigh opener all of the songs you listed would have horrific odds, the only songs that would have worse odds would be: True Reflections, Digging a Ditch, Blackjack, When I'm Weary, Shotgun, Out of My Hands, Dreamed I Killed God, Let You Down, Pay For What You Get, Get in Line, and Heathcliff's Haiku Warriors.

There really isn't a Fluffhead correlator in the DMB canon since DMB has never really benched any of their most beloved fan favorites for close to a decade. Some of their signature songs might skip a tour here and there but they never go on a ten year hiatus. I think they're going to open with something high energy like Ants, Billies, Granny, or Two Step. I can't seem them doing a quotidian DDTW or OSW tour opener this year. I think this is going to be the best tour in recent memory and the boys are going to really try to deliver some special shows this summer.
For the record: I wouldn't even want a dreaming tree opener. I was hung up on trying to compare to that fluffhead moment. Which is why i picked those. Granny would be a FANTASTIC way to open the tour.

a #40 tease in the encore wouldn't be surprising though, would it? Given the situation.
phoolhearted is offline   Reply With Quote