Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Who Do You Prefer for DMB: Roi or Jeff
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 10:36 AM   #47
monizzle145

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Who Do You Prefer for DMB: Roi or Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMH View Post
Jeff.

I think people here like Roi more because he's "an original member", he died tragically.

But personally, I think Jeff is more exciting/better to watch, and I never saw Roi play 2 saxes at once.
Nah Roi fits DMB's music better and has a soulful style that fits the core dmb music better.

Jeff is talented and amazing and i still enjoy him but his style doesn't fit much of the older pre big whiskey music like roi's style does.

I remember Hartford 2015 hearing Branford play in the soulful style of roi and it just fit the music 10 times better than most of Jeff's playing. However listening to Jeff with snarky puppy and the flecktones i appreciated his playing much more outside the realm of DMB.

Jeff and Tim and Rashawn are all talented AF when it comes to being musicians. My issues at times (more tim and rashawn than Jeff) is that they don't fit the music as well when the full band plays over Dave and Fonz post roi. The tone and timing of some of their playing takes away from what made the dmb music great pre roi.
monizzle145 is offline   Reply With Quote