Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - New interview with Tim Reynolds
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 04:19 PM   #42
kenticus

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Re: New interview with Tim Reynolds

Hearing Tim talk about dmb process is hilarious.....basically he gets called in and certainly works on his parts but Dave is the writer and Tim’s stuff gets crafted in and Tim doesn’t always really know how and when his stuff fits. If I was him, I’d be cool with it too - it’s a good gig, gets to play with a huge band, they give him tons of freedom in terms of what and how he plays, just you don’t necessarily always when recording albums know how you fit.

So we know that basically Dave and Carter hashed out the core of the album and then started bringing everyone else in - in the case of Tim and buddy, those guys were in at same time and sounds like Stefan was in at different time and then obviously horns were in together and now obviously you have the guys that were in LA together overseeing the orchestra recordings and whatever last overdubs were happening. Curious to hear these jams.
kenticus is offline   Reply With Quote