Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Weight Loss Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #40
CaffeineQueen
9/4/16 - Never Forget

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Weight Loss Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSUdawg521 View Post
My brother and my parents are doing/have done really well with Nutrisystem. They say the food is great. My brother has lost, I dunno, 50+ pounds, my dad is over 30 down by now. It costs a lotta money and my brother said that it's kind of insignificant when you consider all the regular food that you're *not* buying because of it, but I dunno. But I don't think I could manage with eating packaged and microwave meals that often. I love to cook, and I need variety. And again, that whole concept of "replacement" doesn't seem to really teach you better habits, other than maybe portion control. So if you stop doing it, then what?
My theory behind it is making a lifestyle change rather than just losing weight. I know I don't want to go my whole life without eating some of my favorite foods so I found a way to still be able to enjoy them once in a while and not deprive myself while still keeping the weight off.