Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Podcast: The Lillywhite Sessions, with Steve Lillywhite (Part 2) - Records & Riffs
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2022, 09:40 AM   #109
Carson31

Shows Seen: 179

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Podcast: The Lillywhite Sessions, with Steve Lillywhite (Part 2) - Records & Riff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDog1980 View Post
He definitely said as much publicly, because I remember him saying they were in talks about it, and he was never notified it wasn’t going to be him, they just announced Cavallo and he was like, “guess it wasn’t me.” I’m really paraphrasing here, but I remember something along those lines happening.
Thank you. I'm positive he said it publicly so I appreciate that someone else remembers. If we both remember, someone will eventually find the interview/podcast wherever he said it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingtree_34 View Post
I've had this feeling that is just has to do with quality of the material- considering the new songs that debuted last year. Objectively, the quality is not there for any one of them to make any kind of noise. And this would be strike three for a nothingburger record--I can see why they want to feel stronger about it. If casual fans won't hear it, who is it really for? I think it's clear Dave's late 2020 enthusiastic quotes around the sessions were in a writing high-- time and road testing have revealed that haul to be nothing special.
That's more or less how I feel. If anyone was really that excited about the album we'd have heard it a year ago. My guess is that whatever comes out eventually will only slightly resemble whatever Dave was so excited about in late 2020. If it really his decision, fine I guess. But knowing how this stuff works leads me to believe that at some point it was suggested/decided/required to record more, mix more, look again to old sessions, record more, mix more etc etc. I know some of you have heard that the band wants the album to be cohesive, and that may very well be the end result, but I will use the word that I've heard used to describe the album by someone working on it: piecemeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircavmike View Post
When do the other 10 or so songs from that time period leak? ��
Can't help but wonder what else is out there. I don't know what tracks it'll be, but there will be more DMB leaks in the future. Too many random people have this or that for there not to be more significant leaks. Instead of fretting over past leaks, perhaps they should consider themselves lucky that they haven't had more leaks?
Carson31 is offline   Reply With Quote