Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - DMB Poops On Chicago - 13 Years Ago Today
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 01:45 PM   #11
AlexK79
Let There Be Rock

Shows Seen: 92

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Re: DMB Poops On Chicago - 13 Years Ago Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmish84 View Post

Have you had a different experience with the people you came into contact with where the bus incident kept them from getting to know and like the band?
Not so much with that incident being the reason that someone didn't like them or didn't want to get into them, but moreso as simply another piece of "ammunition" for people who already hated the band for reasons entirely other than music for people to use to take shots at them or make fun of people who do like them.

For example, last year at this time, Riot Fest's Facebook page posted a link to some snarky article about the "anniversary" and with the status of "A good time to remind everyone that Dave Matthews dumped shit on people" or something stupid like that. I commented on it that the article was misleading, that the band had nothing to do with it and it was just a bus driver, the guy was fired and the band donated a bunch of money to local charities, etc... Predictably, the thread was then immediately flooded with a bunch of people piling on, talking about how much the band sucks, making fun of me for "defending" them, and the admins on the Riot Fest page were joining right in.

It just always irks me that the vast majority of people who claim to hate this band do so not because of their music, but because of some tired stereotype about what DMB and their fans represent, and this incident is like a microcosm of that.

DMB 2023: Nashville, Milwaukee, Deer Creek x2, Chicago x2
AlexK79 is offline   Reply With Quote