Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - **Official Running Thread**
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 11:03 AM   #66
dmbman32
Turn your back, Charles

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Official Running Thread**

I figured I'd post my work out routine, since it's probably around 75% running/cardio.

Sunday & Monday: Cardio
Tuesday: Lifting
Wednesday: Cardio
Thursday: Lifting
Friday & Saturday: Cardio

Now, I'll usually take a day off once in awhile. I average about 6 days a week of working out. With cardio, I mix it up, and that's key. I use ellipticals/treadmills/running outside. If you use a treadmill every time, your body will get used to it and won't do as much as it once did. That's why I try to use each cardio option 1-2 times a week..

In terms of time/distance, I average about to about 3.5 - 4 miles each time I do cardio. When using ellipticals, I do some kind of warm-up before I get started. I then go pretty hard right away, and then gradually cool down because you burn more calories that way, and it's easier to go from hard-easy rather than easy-hard. I'm good at endurance, but have no speed whatsoever. It's also important to mix it up with incline and resistance, because those are keys to burning fat.

One final thing: I would recommend working out later as often as possible. It makes you sleep better, you probably will have more energy, and it helped me lose a ton of weight.