Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 07:36 AM   #24
camptravisr
Numbered Beats

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw209 View Post
I don't want to be a downer, but is the fanbase actually excited about seeing these particular songs liberated, or is it simply the surprise/liberations themselves that are exciting?

For me, that whole mid-2000s era of new songs is underwhelming (the same era of new music that gave us the pile of poop that is Stand Up, mind you.) These aren't exactly great moments in the DMB catalog. I get that liberations are exciting, but I'd just assume see any other songs liberated than these.

I'd rather see Help Myself or PFWYG or Dreaming Tree or Kit Kat or even some of the left-behind stuff from Come Tomorrow (Come On, Come Tomorrow, Virginia, etc.) than these leftover unreleased songs from (what I feel to be) a mediocre era of creativity for the band.
I really like all 3 songs they played last night. And sure I'd love Dreaming Tree, Kit kat, Help Myself more, but it's nice to see these pop up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
It wasn't summer, but the Fall 2018 tour opener in Columbus had 3 liberations, a hardcore favorite song that had never opened a show before and 3 songs that had not appeared on the summer tour nor been played with the new iteration of the band.
A friend invited me to this show last minute and I'm still kicking myself that I didn't go. Didn't feel like making the drive from Indy with work the next morning.
camptravisr is offline   Reply With Quote