Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Who likes to SLAP SOME BASS MAN? (Tribute to Stefan thread)
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2022, 04:23 PM   #3
Springraces

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Who likes to SLAP SOME BASS MAN? (Tribute to Stefan thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwrice5 View Post
I agree, I’ve long thought that Fonz is the one member who continues to improve and become more creative each year. People sometimes shit on him, but he just keeps getting better at what he does.

On the other hand, Tim’s full time presence has had the opposite affect on Dave’s guitar, for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let's be honest, people like to give shit to just about every member of this band. I've never seen a fanbase who actively shits on the members of the band they claim to love more than the hardcore DMB fans. Here's just some of the stuff going around:

Boyd sucks, always has and always did. Never liked him and thank glad he's gone. Miss the violin..

Tim is too loud. He's ACTUALLY not good. We were tricked by Dave into thinking he was good but it's a lie. He takes over the sound and never was really a part of the OG band. Should go away.

Dave writes shitty songs, he hasn't written more than 5 good songs since 2000. His voice sucks now. He plays too many covers. He's not creative anymore. He's lazy.

Carter is old. He can't play long songs. He's lost a step. He's not good anymore.

Fonz is an asshole.

Buddy should never have replaced boyd, bring back Butch, even though Butch kind of sucked too. Buddy sucks the most of all 3. He plays like shit and is overbearing expect when he's too quiet.

RR is a squealing dog whistle. He needs to go. Haven't liked him since he joined the band and hate what he's done to the core sound for the last 17 years. He should go.

Jeff Coffin IS good, but just not good with this band. He doesn't really fit the sound and sounds like shit a lot. He should go.

In all reality, everyone here thinks everyone should go and has said it or saying it currently in some regard. I agree, Fonz gets the least amount of credit for his creativity and overall playing, but I don't think any band member is worth talking negatively about at 31 years in. I've decided to take it or leave it, and I'm taking it until I can't anymore. I think they all sound top notch right now and have found a way to play with each other that's unlike any other iteration of this band.

I don't think Tim has diminished Dave's playing. I think there was a while were Dave took a back seat around 2009-11, just because he could on songsl like Seven or Sledgehammer. I think Dave has really upped his chops the last couple years. If you listen to 03-7, he's a bit more sloppy in comparison to what he's doing now.
Springraces is offline   Reply With Quote