Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2022, 09:48 AM   #495
monizzle145

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22 (tour chat)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutofDarkness View Post
I get the frustration of missing that one song, but doesn't this just show that DMB is doing the right thing by varying their setlists and spreading the wealth around? Folks complain when SPAC, Alpine, and whatever other "destination venue" doesn't get all the great deep cuts, but what do you want here? All the deep cuts loaded into SPAC while the random midweek shows get nothing but generic sets for the casuals?

Yes, traveling to a destination venue means sinking a lot more time and money into things than just hitting your local show. And, naturally, as a result you'll be extra disappointed if that show doesn't have your ideal set. But traveling to a show doesn't guarantee a great setlist, and it never has. Buyer beware: you know whenever you buy a ticket that you're gambling on a good setlist. The band promised a full-length show, and they delivered; they never promised to play your favorite song.

I'm not trying to pile on here. Like I said, I know it's frustrating to miss songs you've been chasing. I've missed Say Goodbye (top 5) and LIOG (top 10) multiple times due to scheduling conflicts. But I don't think it's fair to tar this entire tour because Shotgun appeared at Holmdel but not SPAC. That's just how it goes sometimes.
My last few sentences were pointing out how this is a great thing for people who only can go to their 1 local show and can't travel to the big venues. The fact that people who weathered the horrible horrible north jersey traffic on a yearly basis to see a Holmdel show and get a legendary first Shotgun opener is a great thing for this band.

I am fully aware that going to a bunch of dmb shows many times you're just 1 show off from a song you want after going to 3-4 shows and I have accepted the terms and conditions.
monizzle145 is offline   Reply With Quote