Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Ants Podcast 83: We're Taking the Year Off* Episode Discussion
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 09:19 AM   #88
Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ants Podcast 83: We're Taking the Year Off* Episode Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpbrown21 View Post
I don't understand this. People who run fan sites such as this should be fans of the band. If the love is gone, which is apparent, stop the site or hand it over to someone who is into it. The shows, the music, any new music or not, shouldn't be a constant negative. Trashing the band because they didn't play Dodo at one particular show? Really guys? I've always thought any Dave solo done at a full band show is a complete bonus, as it technically isn't "their" music. I remember reading an interview with Dave about Spotlight, where he admitted he'd probably never play it again as he doesn't feel that way anymore as he did in that song. Maybe that is the case with Dodo? I've been to plenty of shows, and probably have enough DMB related music stashed away to last a lifetime, and everything comes back to the music. I enjoy the music, flat out. Having followed the band, admittedly not since the first gigs in Charlottesville, as long as I have, I go to shows to hear anything they play and to have a great time, which I know I will have. To go to a show of any band simply to hear one song, especially one of their most rare songs, is only setting yourself up for failure and disappointment, which comes through clear as day in this podcast. Not trying to rip on the guys too badly here because this is a fantastic site and podcast, but I think this was " a touch" harsh. For my two cents, the " but it's a year off" nonsense got old quickly, I'd rather not have a year off, thank you. I don't want to end on a negative note, so again, great site, podcast, I just think this latest was too harsh. Thank you fellas.
It's their site, they can do what they want with it. We should just be grateful they keep it up and running. But I have to admit, I do somewhat agree. I did post last year that I felt the news section on the front page was updated far less frequently and timely than it used to be. Some people disagreed with me, but I think the bolded may play into it a little.
Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote