Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - *Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling)
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 07:33 AM   #257594
daveshookme
Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouKnowThatItIS View Post
If republican politicians turn on Trump then his cult will turn on them. This will cause the utter destruction of the Republican Party as we know it. (Which May be the inevitable long term outcome of embracing Trump anyway). But they made the decision 50 years ago to embrace the deplorables and that eventually led to Trump. Now they will not win any elections anywhere without these people. So they are trying to hold on with every ounce of muster they have left.

I think many of them silently hope Trump loses in November so they can get distance from him without alienating his base. This may be their only chance for recovery. In some ways a Trump win may be a final blow for the party as we know it. Of course that would cause a great deal of harm to our country in the short term therefore Trump must lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said it in 2016, the election of Donald J Trump could easily lead to the fall of the Republican Party.