Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - *** Offical Camden 2023 Thread ***
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 06:16 PM   #6
sheman10

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Offical Camden 2023 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw_ View Post
Hitting a new venue every year and it was in-between WPB and Camden and since I’m more of a city person vs. beach, I chose Camden.

Any help or tips would be appreciated. Planning on staying downtown Philly without a car. I can Uber to/from PHL airport and take the ferry back and forth the venue. It looks like it runs special schedules on concert nights.

Looks like I can also take the red PATCO line and transfer at Broadway to the light rail?

Am I ok walking alone if I stay in the center city/old city? Any areas to avoid? Anything to absolutely see if it’s my first time in Philly?

Thanks all!
We lived in the city 8 years: rented for two in center city. Then owned a rowhome for six. When we lived in the there, we always took PATCO over the bridge. The ferry is great going to Camden, but a shit show to get back on it after the show.

You'll be fine walking around center city and old city. There will be people all over the place on a summer weekend.

You should probably see Independence Hall. If there's a line for the Liberty Bell, don't bother. Everybody likes the steps of the Art Museum (I don't get it personally. It's a fictional movie character! Anyway...)... Boat House row is pretty cool... Reading Terminal Market... many, many great outdoor beer gardens...

North Philly and Kensington are general stay aways. South and West Philly are better but definitely have dicey areas.

You can take the train from the airport to center city too.

We live in Delco now so we drive and park in the lots south of the venue.

Lemme know if you want any more info on Philly or Camden or whatever.