Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - *** Official Chicago 2020 ***
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 11:12 AM   #36
MidwestGirl
Chicago ----> Michigan

Shows Seen: 144

DMB Hub Stubs: 33

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Official Chicago 2020 ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BF101519 View Post
For those who haven't been to Northerly Island, Here's my 2 cents....

This venue, for the most part, blows. It's a pain in the ass to get to and the sound is pretty awful in the Lawn. If you are considering going and you actually like to listen to the music, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT sit in the lawn. There are a few decent lawn spots in front of the speakers, but it's mostly terrible. You can barely see the stage and the sound is not good. The venue is literally right on the lake which means, as those of you from Chicago know, the wind can be vicious and fucks with the sound badly.

Now, you can still have a great concert experience here, but you absolutely need to get good seats. The Pit actually pretty nice, with easy bathroom access.

In terms of getting in and out of the venue, be ready to walk...and walk.....and walk.....and walk some more.
I mapped it. walk is about the same as walking from standard camping at the gorge to the venue (at least to get to Michigan and Roosevelt)

This venue is fine if you don't do lawn.

NEVER do lawn at Northerly.

D+T Mexico 2023 | Texas | Charleston | Pine Knob | Chicago | Gorge

D+T Mexico FB Group
GORGE FAQ
GORGE Roster
MidwestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote