Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ***Labor Day Weekend at the Gorge 2021***
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 12:10 PM   #144
jordanbball17
Black lives matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Labor Day Weekend at the Gorge 2020***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
I need hiking suggestions!

I really don't know anything about it in terms of what there is to do or how to best go about it. I'm not even sure at this point if I'm going for sure but I'd say it's about 80%, not going to Mt. Rainier was one of my big regrets last time.
I would second what the other poster said, as Paradise can get crazy busy. However, on Labor Day Weekend, I would guess that all areas of the park will be packed. I would say get there even earlier, around 8am or so, to beat some of the crowds.

Paradise is on the southern side of the park and might take the longest to get to, but it is the most popular.
Best hike out of Paradise: https://visitrainier.com/skyline-trail-panorama-point/ The drive just to this hike will take your breath away! You'll come around a corner and Rainier will just be in your face. If you have time to do only one thing at Rainier, I would recommend this one, just because gives such classic views for not alot of work.

Sunrise is on the NE side of the park and might take a little longer to get to, but its also the highest you can drive to, so the views are stunning.
Best hike out of Sunrise: Naches Peak Loop (but Burroughs and Fremont Lookout are also great)

NW area of the park has Mowich Lake. You can drive straight to the lake to get your fill, or hike from there to Tolmie Peak Lookout (which will give you a stunning view of the mountain if the clouds allow).

Hope this helps. Its a big park but I'd make time to at least get close to the mountain if you can!