Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - What venue has the worst crowd?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 12:44 PM   #100
S@ttelite

Shows Seen: 111

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What venue has the worst crowd?

I don't really post but I feel strongly about this item.

Hartford is my pick. We stopped going because of the crowd. E.g. one year on the lawn some dude urinated on me (he was too close) and when I reacted his friends started an argument, another year a girl did the arm thing on the rail where they come a lot later and then creep in and just don't let go (she was also too close). Will miss the sets and the energy of the crowd, though. This is also one of the two shows where we caught a stick from Carter, so you'd think there'd be some part of me that feels like I want to get back there. But nope. No feels.

Philly is my home venue and the crowd seems young but more reasonable than Hartford in my experience. I've seen dumber behavior in CT in the limited number of shows I've been to there (6) than in my time in Philly with a much larger sample size (27).

SPAC I've been to a number of times (10) and the lawn is packed but seems more controlled than Hartford, and I also haven't seen as much poor behavior. But 10 shows isn't a huge sample size either.

Last edited by S@ttelite; 05-23-2019 at 12:45 PM.
S@ttelite is offline   Reply With Quote