Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - 2022 Tour Rumors / Confirmations (See First Post for Latest Update)
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 08:35 AM   #41
Hahninator
Dreaming Tree

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2022 Tour Rumors / Confirmations

Quote:
Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
Venues hate digital tix though.
Pit for example, there is no way to stop people from sharing the tix and getting it overflowed.
Many honest people go to the bathroom while the ticket is on a spouse phone and then security has to see if they believe they belong. On the same token, many dishonest people know this too and end up inside reserved sections
This is not correct about the pit. This was a problem with TM 2010-2014. Then they fixed this by making another ticket scan station in 2014 to get the pit wristbands. You can print/alter all the tickets you want but if the barcode doesn't scan into the TM system to confirm it's a pit ticket, you aren't getting in the pit. That's been the case at every show I saw DMB in the pit this year, 2019, 2018, etc.

The dishonest people come from possibly reusing wristbands but it's literally impossible to guess the color ahead of time as they are mixed randomly. Going through that type of effort to accumulate every color wristband just to use one at a future show seems borderline psychotic - maybe there are 1 or 2 people who do this but that's just crazy to me lol. Easier to just buy the ticket.

I can't speak to the reserved sections as I've never had anyone in my seats.
Hahninator is offline   Reply With Quote