Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #114
lalkb48
My name is Dave(really)

Shows Seen: 80

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTock View Post
-I think #40 should never be played again. Dave has no intention of writing or singing words, won't play it for more than 2 minutes, and never seems happy to play it. Fans should quit asking for it and ask for an E1 Typical or Nancies instead.

-While I love the songs from UTTAD, I hate the studio recordings of everything on it minus Ants and #34

-SPAC isn't any more entitled to "great" setlists than every other venue (and fwiw, of the 10 shows I've seen, 6 have been at SPAC). Venue wars are ridiculous and setlists don't mean jack as to what places the band likes to play best. We all known the band loves the Gorge, but look at the '09 sets where Danny Barnes played half his album.

-The Time Bomb intro on Two Step isn't as horrible as everyone says, and the old improv intros were very hit and miss.
Solid 4th post.

I agree with #40. I think the only thing Dave gets out of it is teasing the crowd and pissing us off.

I respectfully disagree with the venue comment. Venue wars are dumb, but they are definitely bias towards certain venues.