Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - 2021 Tour Rumors/Status
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 07:36 AM   #1389
ArmyDMB41

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2021 Tour Rumors/Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
but in all seriousness, let’s make this interesting. I’m calling an abbreviated tour starting in August or September of this year given the information we have as of right now. Anyone want to take me up on a little bet?

If I’m right, you donate $75 to the Patricia Allen Fund which benefits a local children’s hospital: https://www.ochbuffalo.org/foundation/donate/ (we became well-acquainted with this hospital when our 2nd son was an infant, and they were amazing).

If I’m wrong (including if I got the starting month wrong), I’ll donate $75 to a charity of your choice.

Caveat: the first show that the full band plays has to be counted in the “2021 Summer” tour in DMBAlmanac in order for it to be considered the “start” of that tour. So, a full-band mini warmup show in late May in some studio (probably) wouldn’t count as the start of the tour if they don’t play again until late August. Neither would a D&T show.

(mods, if this isn’t allowed feel free to delete)
I mostly agree that is how they should do it. To make it easier I think they should do a Dave and Tim Tour Starting in West Palm in late July. Easier logistics and lower overhead. Come up with dates in the South and Midwest through August. Return to full band for the Gorge and all dates after that. Then do a fall tour to cover the northeast. As for the June and July dates before WPB just reschedule them for next year which will give them the framework for their 2022 Summer Tour.
ArmyDMB41 is offline   Reply With Quote