Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2022, 12:19 PM   #2181
Mateo2k

Shows Seen: 91

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw_ View Post
Hey All!

The Gorge is the final “big venue” on my list and I’m starting to look/plan for 2022.

Without going through the entire thread, anyone have any basic items I can start looking at?

Where do people fly in to? Seattle?

What options for lodging? Is it all camping?

Any other newbie advice?

Thanks all!
Fly in and out of Seattle, and spend some time there if you can. It's great.

There are hotels. Some are almost an hour drive, and some are really close. The close hotels seem to be pretty basic, the futher hotels seem nicer, but you have a bit of a drive (I don't mind a drive, but some might). I'm personally over camping at a concert venue. I'm much happier driving the 45 minutes and having a quite room, hot shower, and comfy bed. These hotels should have cancelation policies if Covid, personal/work issues, or anything else prohibits your travel.

If you know for sure you're going, and are willing to put up some money, there's some really nice places to stay really close to the venue, but they fill up fast, are pretty pricy, and are non-refundable. If you have any concerns about Covid or anything else potentially impacting your trip, it might not be ideal.

If you can, I recommend reserved seats, but spend some time in the lawn. Take in the view and let it wash over you. It's a pretty venue. You may decide to stay in the lawn, but always have the option to move down to your seat to get closer if you want.
Mateo2k is offline   Reply With Quote